Important horse transport information

Does my horse need a passport to travel?

Yes, it is the law in the UK that all registered equines must travel with their passport. This must be an original, copies are not acceptable.

Can I transport my tack and equipment with my horses?

Yes, we have a grooms area with plenty of storage for tack, riding equipment and clothing. If you are moving yards then we are happy to transport all of your yard equipment as well.

Are you insured?

Yes, we hold full care-custody and control, hire and reward and public liability insurance with a specialist equine insurance company.

Are you registered as a horse transporter?

Yes, our horseboxes are fully DEFRA approved. We have full APHA type 2 Authorisation for all journeys, including over 8hrs. In addition, we have WATO type 2 certificate of competence for drivers covering journeys over 8hrs. All documentation is carried on board at all times. The lorry is disinfected after every journey, with a DEFRA approved disinfectant.

Do I need insurance?

HTS are fully insured to transport horses. With comprehensive cover for public liability, hire and reward, care/custody and control. We also have a full breakdown and recovery policy. All with specialist equine companies.

Do you provide hay and water?

Your horses will always be our priority. They are regularly checked, watered as necessary and we do supply hay, free of charge.